Join us the evening of Thursday, June 21st as the Oregon Road Runners Club brings you the Summer Solstice 5K, Kids' Fun Run (ages 3-11) & Tot Trot (ages 0-2) inside the Oregon Zoo. This event is open to all runners and walkers.
The loop course, run entirely within the Zoo, will give participants the chance to see the Elephant Lands, the African Rainforest, Pacific Shores and the Primate Forest.
Purchase a limited-edition event T-shirt—all proceeds go to the Oregon Zoo Foundation to benefit the chimpanzees! But don't delay! The T-shirt is ONLY available by online pre-order during the registration process when completed by June 7th.
$35.00 Race Fee + $3.00 SignUp Fee
Price increases… to $40.00 after June 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm PDT
5K (KIDS): For ages 3-11 years.
$20.00 Race Fee + $2.50 SignUp Fee
Price increases to $25.00 after June 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm PDT
FUN RUN (KIDS): For ages 3-11 years.
PRICE: $20.00 Race Fee + $2.50 SignUp Fee
Price increases to $25.00 after June 20, 2018 at 11:59pm PDT
TOT TROT: Free for kids 0-2 years of age. No Zoo meal is included.
ZOO ADMISSION WITH MEAL
This option is only for those who are not participating as runners/walkers in the event, but wish to purchase admission to the Zoo to be with their family for this special evening. This ticket does include a ticket for a hot dog meal (Zenner's hot dog, chips, soda) and an elephant ear!
PRICE: $20.00 Race Fee + $2.50 SignUp Fee
ZOO ADMISSION — NO MEAL
This option is only for those who are not participating as runners/walkers in the event, but wish to purchase admission to the Zoo to be with their family for this special evening. This ticket does NOT include a ticket for the hot dog meal.
PRICE: $15.00 Race Fee + $2.50 SignUp Fee
If you miss online registration you can also register day of race. Day of Race Registration will be just inside the zoo entrance at the Cascade Grill from 5:00pm-6:45pm.
RACE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
• Entrance to the zoo and its exhibits starting at 5pm.
• Custom Summer Solstice at the Oregon Zoo race bib.
• Cold treat (choice of ice cream or popsicle) at the finish.
• Treats for Kids Run & Tot Trot participants.
• For all Kids Run, Kids 5K & 5K registrations—you also get a voucher for a meal of a Zenner's All Natural Hot Dog Meal, chips, and soda plus a voucher for an elephant ear. There is no meal included with Tot Trot registration (0-2 years old).
Access to the zoo's concert lawn for a picnic after hours.
LIMITED EDITION T-SHIRT
• Help chimpanzees—and look good while doing it—by purchasing a Summer Solstice Limited Edition T-Shirt! Navy blue 100% cotton T-shirts feature a portrait of all 4 Oregon Zoo chimpanzees.
• 100% of proceeds from T-shirt sales benefit the Oregon Zoo chimpanzees, present and future, including new construction, exhibit enhancements, and enrichment items.
• T-shirts will not be available for sale at the event; only available by online pre-order during the registration process when completed by June 7th.
SUMMER SOLSTICE 5K BIBS & WRISTBANDS
All 5K, Kids' Fun Run, and Tot Trot participants will receive specially designed custom bibs for this event. For those not registered as walkers or runners, you'll receive an ORRC wristband with your entry fee to identify you as part of our event.
• Oregon Zoo, 4001 SW Canyon Road, Portland, OR US 97221
• The 5K course consists of clockwise loops around the zoo. The course starts & finishes in the area between the concert lawn and the Elephant Lands.
• Participants will get a chance to run on roads not open to the public during normal operating hours. There are some tight spots on the course and we ask that everyone exercise caution.
• At no point during the event will the course direct you onto stairs. There are sections on the course where stairs are available but we ask that you do not cut the course to use them.
• Course closes promptly at 8:15pm. All participants need to exit the Zoo by 9 pm.
DAY OF RACE SCHEDULE
5:00 pm-6:45pm: Day-of-race registration & Bib Pick-up (just inside the entrance at Cascade Grill)
6:00 pm: Zoo closes for normal visitors (the grounds will remain open for one hour as they sweep out the last guests)
6:45 pm: Tot Trot (located at the Elephant Lands)
7:00 pm: 5K run/walk starts
7:01 pm: Kids' Fun Run starts
8:15 pm: Course closes
9:00 pm: Zoo closes promptly at 9:00 pm
• Early packet pickup site — TBD
• Packet Pickup & Day of Race Registration will be just inside the zoo entrance at the Cascade Grill from 5:00pm-6:45pm.
VOLUNTEER WITH ORRC
• Oregon Road Runners Club is a volunteer driven organization from the Board of Directors to race day volunteers.
• To find out more about how you can help at this event, send us an email at [email protected]
SCORING, TIMING, RESULTS, AND AWARDS
Summer Solstice events will not be chip-timed and will not have official results; however, a race clock will be at the Start/Finish to display the elapsed time.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
All entry fees are non-refundable. This policy applies to all entrants—sorry, no exceptions. Bibs are non-transferable.
HOW TO BECOME AN ORRC MEMBER
Save $10 off each registration fee by becoming a member of ORRC! Not a current member of ORRC? Consider joining us not only for the race discounts but for many great benefits to ORRC membership.
ROAD RUNNERS CLUB OF AMERICA
Oregon Road Runners Club is a member of Road Runners Club of America (RRCA).
Running Etiquette (RRCA): rrca.org/education/etiquette-for-runners
General Running Safety Tips (RRCA): rrca.org/education/rrca-general-running-safety-tips
Race and Workout Etiquette (ORRC): orrc.net/training/race-and-workout-etiquette/