This is our 6th annual moving Santa-themed illuminated costume dance party!
This is a 21 & OVER EVENT with over 21 participating venues.
Our theme this year is «Misfit Toys». Dress up in your favorite Santa or toy costume and help us light up the night! With 3000 attendees last year, we expect 2017 to be even bigger!
COSTUME CONTEST: Winners will be chosen based on photos taken at the event and posted on the event page Winners will be acknowledged and prizes announced 14 days after the event.
Proceeds benefit the Portland Police Sunshine Division. This is a ticketed wristband event. Pre-sales through event-brite are just $10.
SantaCon Wristbands will be available at venues & times shown in «CAPITAL LETTERS».
“PRE-FUNK” 1:00 — 3:30 PM
SPLASH LOUNGE — Wrist bands here!
GREEN STOP 3:30 – 5:30 PM
VAULT MARTINI, SPLASH LOUNGES, EMBERS AVENUE
RED STOP 5:30 – 7:00 PM
ROSELAND THEATER, FIFTH AVENUE LOUNGE, North End Saloon, Silver Dollar Pizza
GOLD STOP 7:00 – 9:30 PM
STREET DANCE PARTY — 3rd & Couch
NYX, DIRTY, SHAKE, PARIS THEATER, Barrel Room, Dixie, Hobos, Jones, Whiskey Bar,, Fuse, District, Tryst, Bar XV
SILVER STOP 9:30 — 11:00 PM
STREET DANCE PARTY — 3rd & Couch
PARIS THEATER, NYX, DIRTY, District, Fuse, Hobos, Shake, Barrel Room, Fifth Avenue Lounge, North End Saloon, Splash, Embers Avenue, Whiskey Bar
PLEASE only enter venues on the approved Stumptown SantaCon route. Some venues don't want crowds that chase away regulars. Our venues are ready to serve our guests.
1. Be seen & watch out for cars – wear something glowy.
2. Remember to drink water & eat! Pace yourself.
KNOW YOUR LIMITS. This is a dance marathon not a sprint.
3. Keep an eye on your drink — don't set it down.
4. Use the Buddy System – party with friends.
5. Wear comfortable and «Dance-able» shoes — You will get your 12,000 steps.
6. Pack Tight & Light / Keep it with you. Plan to make your gear and costume «dance-able». Consider using a festival belt, holster or utility belt / fanny pack. Don't be the sad Santa that lost their phone/purse/keys.
7. A drunk santa is an unwelcome santa. Venues will not let you in if you are drunk.
1. If you choose to drink, PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY — DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.
2. Stay on the sidewalk — DON'T STAND IN THE STREET.
3. Be respectful / be kind
4. Costumes are not consent – don’t touch without permission.
5. Obey the police / follow the law.
6. Drink in the venues hosting us – leave the flask at home
7. Walk between STOPS it's only a couple of blocks.
8. Keep your drink orders simple — Remember to tip!
We encourage our attendees to take photos and share them with each other and us. With that, we ask that all attendees be respectful to each other when sharing online.
By attending this event, you grant to Stumptown Events Inc., its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of you and your property in connection with the above-identified event. You authorize Stumptown Events Inc., its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
You further agree that Stumptown Events Inc. may use such photographs with or without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
Stumptown Events Inc., is a 501©(3) Oregon non-profit organization, hosting participant-driven, costume-themed moving street theater events that promote local charities and community-building.