Friday, August 11th 3-5pm
Saturday, August 12th 2-7pm
Sunday, August 13th 10-2pm
Intro to Millinery ~ $595
During this 3 day workshop you will learn how to steam and block felt and/or straw,
using traditional millinery techniques on vintage hat blocks. Millinery
is a vast subject, and this workshop will serve as a general
introduction to the craft. In this class you will design and block two
hats. Your choice of felt or straw.
Techniques covered are:
1. Blocking and shaping on wooden millinery blocks
2. Basic millinery related stitches
3. Inserting wire in the brim, and brim edge finishes
4. Measuring headsizes and custom fitting hats
5. Embellishing with decorative trim; ribbons, flowers, felt/straw braids, veiling and feathers
Some materials included.
An orientation is needed at some point before the class in order for you to select your shapes and colors.
I only teach a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 people per class. To hold your spot, a 50% deposit is needed. Please call me or email if you are interested.